Do you easily accept anything that is Free?… I take it with ‘a pinch of salt’ until I am sure that ‘there are no strings attached’!
Even word-space this platform for Blogging is free. Thanks to the many share-able tools available on the internet we will keep this blog free for all the readers. All forms of news, information some forms of literature (e-books) and even many forms of Art are increasingly becoming FREE. I usually don’t read mails with the word Free written ‘in the subject of the mail’. Numerous freebies offered by ‘online advertisers’ have irritated me to the extent that I even ignore tips that I get for usage of a tool that I downloaded myself. It maybe for research purpose only means it is not error-free. After some features are free for some time higher level functionality will be charged. I am careful not to give my credit-card details on the internet – as the charges could come after the offer period ends. Why bother – I have the freedom to choose what I need and not just everything that is Free. I live a trouble-free and carefree life!
I don’t take any medicines or oils ‘by any name’ or ‘any magical properties’ as FREE!
Let us learn all the usages (and some abuses) of the word ‘Free’ as an adjective today. We will learn to use ‘error-free’,
‘trouble-free’, ‘carefree’ as also ‘freedom’ (an uncountable noun) plus there are some ‘freebies’ for good participation in the Basic English class today:
- Is your mind free today to have short open discussion?
- Is there anything ‘that you value’ that is free in your life?
- What are some of the thing that you use and you got them for free?
- How much freedom do you have to decide on your career choice?
- What are some of the things that are ‘error-free’ or ‘trouble-free’?
- Are you careful or carefree about your dressing sense? When and in what situations…
- What are some of the hidden-charges when you freely accept free offers from strangers?
- Are you free this evening for a cup of coffee?
One of the most searched word on google today is ‘Free’ and so most advertisers use it to attract the audience!
“Absolutely Free T-shirt from Sun Micro-systems”
Knowledge or Gyan on this blog is Free for lifetime for anyone who can understand the written word.
Class discussion questions for ‘Get Selected’ and ‘Go Global’ students:
- Does the word ‘free’ undermine ‘the value’ or does it make it more attractive and accessible to people at large?
- What are things that should remain free?
- Do you take any free advice from anyone?
Here is a bonus picture for your carefree mind; be careful not to use them to design an advertisement for an educational product, they maybe alright for a skin-cream or beauty products that offer wrinkle-free skin but may not work for educational products company like us:
This blog is Free and will always remain Free until you stop reading and don’t post your comments. Keep having fun in the classroom at T.r.i.c.k.s for learning English for better communication, get the maximum return… that’s NOT Free!
Finally, would you like to wear the T-shirt below if it is given free: after you pass-out from T.r.i.c.k.s and are able to Speak well in English (Caution: I may need to hike-up the fee that we charge our students 🙂 )